1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Is it my age or my brain playing tricks? Blog 33

Published by Lamont D in the blog Lamont D's blog. Views: 499

Well, I hope this doesn't appear as embarrassing as I think it is or makes me look even more foolish than it seems on the outside of this lack of brain control that I've had a few times!
Let me explain, for as an example, I've gone to work and convinced myself that the work that had been in progress was further along than it actually was! I've arrived a couple of times and I've felt and utterly believed that what I was doing, I had already done! And I have been reprimanded for it a couple of times!
Work that I had finished, wasn't!, work that was next was left for someone else to complete!
At home after doing chores, the wife, a better judge of standards of how things should be done, than me! has pulled me about chores that should have been done! My reply is that I've done them! Now not one to argue with my nearest and dearest, the fact is that I'm convinced that I have done them doesn't come into it. I have to do the chore again! Or is it the first time?
I don't get this all the time!
But through my 'hypo hell' period, it happened more often than recently. I have done shopping twice, I've paid for stuff twice, I've washed, cleaned and other things twice, to make sure and I'm not speaking literally, I do have to check again and again to make sure that I've done things twice(!) And checked more once, twice(!).
I'm totally convinced that I moved things and 'put away' things, been out with the dog when I haven't!
It's a good thing, that now all my bills are through standing order and the wife does the important shopping on line for birthdays and the like. I now have my kindle diary to make sure that I have done things to remember to order things or reminders for what my working hours are etc.
I know that forgetfulness is symptomatic with my condition, but, this seems a little extreme!
Appointments are wrote down and the wife leaves notes for me as reminders.

Am I going into Alzheimer's? not according to my doctors. Just a lapse in memory, when I've asked about the fact that I've done things once that I haven't done, he looks at me and dismisses it, like I'm weird or something!!!!

So what it is? you are aware of my weird dreams and my experiences with deja vu, but how can I do something that I think I've done, it's not possible!
Has anyone else experienced this?
Or is it just me being my wonderful, weird, self?

Oh by the way, I believe that this is the second time I've wrote this blog page. It's been committed to memory for days now!
  • Enclave
  • Lamont D
  • timerich
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook