1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

IT'S THE INSULIN******

Published by brassyblonde900 in the blog brassyblonde900's blog. Views: 354

In 1992 James Carville the then strategist for Bill Clinton's successful Presidential campaign, coined the phrase "Its the economy stupid" Meaning the economy is the message to focus on.

In this T2DM the lynch pin is the Insulin, It is the thing to focus on if one hopes to make any progress in not only halting the ravages of the condition but reversing said damage in most cases.

It is note worthy to acknowledge that long before the BG levels reach the threshold for a definitive diagnosis of T2DM, high insulin levels have been in the background creating havoc.
As anybody who has looked into this condition is aware of, its the high insulin levels that drive the pathology associated with the condition.
Being as some of us could have been cruising about our lives with the very high insulin levels associated with hyperinsulinemia, which is a precursor for the insulin resistance, that then leads to the high BG levels, which in turn result in the diagnosis of T2DM, for long periods of time, sometimes it could even be for 10/20/30/40 years, who knows what damage it could have caused unknown to us.

My approach to tackling and remediating the damage possible with this condition, has therefore evolved toward managing my insulin levels, this is with a view to tackling the condition itself. As opposed to concentrating only on achieving 'normal' BG levels, which in my mind only deals with the symptoms of the condition, and not the condition itself.

One of the most enlightening pieces of information I happen to come across, in this quest for deeper and wider understanding of the role insulin plays in the disease condition, is the work of Dr Joseph Kraft in his Insulin Assay.
Below is a You Tube Video (Podcast ) of an Interesting discussion giving an insight into Dr Kraft's work regarding Insulin and the role it plays in what eventually becomes T2DM
  • Lamont D
  • brassyblonde900
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook