1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

LIBRE SENSOR - DAWN PHENOMENON

Published by Debandez in the blog Debandez's blog. Views: 271

DAWN PHENOMENON INFO

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/blood-glucose/dawn-phenomenon.html

CAN ANYTHING BE DONE TO COMBAT DP? FOR ME, YES. HERE'S WHAT I DO.

My fasting blood sugars are at 4.9 today around 7am (early start as we had the grandchildren). I decided to tackle my recent dawn phenomena (starting around 5 going to @6.5 yesterday with having nothing to eat) by eating a small piece of cheese more or less as soon as i woke up. Eating something zero carb. It works for me and for many. That said i don't always do it.

The 1st graph is today. After the cheese. 2nd screenshot shows that my bs didn't go higher than 5.7 before starting to come back down. Result!

Just eaten a cheese and chorizo 2 egg omelette for breaky @10am. Started at 6.0. From experience it won't rise higher than 6.5 before coming back down quickly.

3rd screenshot was yesterday's early morning readings. A later start to my day but around the same fbs. 5.0. It goes up to @6.5 before starting to come back down = DP).

First thing I ate was lunch at 1pm. I had a lovely lunch out in a local bistro. Couldn't resist as Boris has offered to chip in on the bill. ;-)

Naked cheese and bacon burger (no bun) with side salad (I didn't eat the tomatoes but did eat a little relish and coleslaw plus 2 of Eric's halloumi fries). Screenshot 6 refers.

Bs were 5.6 at 1pm when i started to eat and back down to 6.2 @2.30. Another good result.

The final screenshot shows how my bs performed after my lunch, for info. They continued to go down. The small rise to 5.4 was 2 small pieces of choccy.

Attached Files:

You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook