1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2018 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Arrived here after watching The Truth About Carbs? Join the Low Carb Program for meal plans & 10 weeks of simple steps into your new lifestyle.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Logic

Published by Squire Fulwood in the blog Squire Fulwood's blog. Views: 99

When I was a young engineer I was trained in logic. I am not a Vulcan but in electronics there are no emotions, just voltages and currents.

There were circuits that didn’t do anything unless you gave the right inputs. Living room lights, switch turned off, living room dark. That’s logic.

I see all the videos and advice about type 2 diabetes and I can’t help but think in the same way since it is my training. I look at all the inputs.

Lack of insulin due to pancreas clogged up with fat.

Insulin resistance due to bingeing on carbohydrates for years. ( I have the same result with alcohol. It just doesn’t have the same effect anymore).

I can add one here.

If the fat in the pancreas blocks off the beta cells then why doesn’t it block off the alpha cells?

I can see what happens if the various conditions apply but from a purely logical point of view.

1. Insulin resistance but good alpha and beta cells. This might result in high blood sugar.

2. Lack of insulin due to beta cells clogged up with fat. Type 2 diabetes.

3. Lack of Glucogon due to alpha cells clogged up with fat. Reactive hypoglycaemia.
zand likes this.
  • Lamont D
  • Squire Fulwood
  • Lamont D
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook