1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Low Calorie High Protein PE Ratio Diet Weekly Update

Published by muzza3 in the blog muzza3's blog. Views: 136

22 August 2021

15 weeks.

79.3.4kg
Lost 1.1kg this week. Lost 9.6kg since start of PE Diet.

Fasting BG 7 day average 4.6
14 day average 4.5
30 day average 4.7

Macros Weekly Average

Carbs 86g
Fats 49g
Protein 162g
PR Ratio 1.2
Calories 1519

Body contour scales
Body fat down at 25% (starting 29.8%)
Muscle up 38.7% (starting 35.9%)
Hip 95cm (Started measuring 1/8/21 @100cm)
Waist 94cm (started measuring 1/8/21 @99cm)
Hip to Waist ratio .99 (was 1)
BMI 26.5

!5 weeks in happy to lose over a a kilo this week. Hit my short-term goal of breaking 80 kg. It took 9 weeks on this diet to lose that last 5kg. my new goal now is 74.8kg (top of normal BMI range). Great result in a stressful week but was my most interesting week with carbs having included white rice, pasta and toast in different days during the week for the first time this year while still maintaining a positive PE Ratio with the highest daily carbs being 137g and no negative impact on FBG. Would be fascinated to see how this diet would impact someone with higher BG levels.

Taken a couple of days off on daily update but will resume tomorrow. Had a few days of the black dog biting at my heels but back on board now. Feel the energy levels of the diet and improved fitness have me dealing much better with my depression when it surfaces.
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook