1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Magical Mystery Tour. Part Two.

Published by Lamont D in the blog Lamont D's blog. Views: 785

As my last blog depicted our travels in the what is now called the Mystery Machine (sorry Scooby doo fans)
Our travelling had us on the long and arduous and of course hazardous trip to the car park that is the South London suburban sprawl.
We set off in good time, allowing plenty of time for motorway heavy traffic and even allowing for the cruise through the M6 nightmare between junctions 16-20! We were surprisingly ahead of schedule.
But as usual our smugness affected the sat nav!
It froze just as we were changing motorways from the M6 to the M1, we ended up doing a lovely sightseeing trip around Northampton! (Grrr!)
We should have doubled back but the bloody thing said it was the shortest route, it wasn't. I took over with my phone sat nav and after an hour of the tourist route, we found ourselves back on the M1.
A welcome break was required!
We were hoping after our tour de force that we would reach our hotel some time around five o'clock but as always there is something evil in our Sat nav. Instead of taking us on the M25, it told us to go onto the north circular, south circular route.
So instead of heavy traffic moving slowing on the motorway, we stopped dead going through the City of London and all the tourist hotspots around the Tower bridge and the Tower of London!
I hadn't been there since the kids were small! And it was nice to see (NOT!)
We eventually got to the hotel at seven fifteen! A seven and a half hours journey! (Nightmare!)
A lovely night in the restaurant and sleep and of course a huge English breakfast followed by copious amounts of tea restored my spirits. (A bit!).
I actually felt a little off, I had my flu jab, and I usually look forward to my team trying to play footie, but my mono was missing, I just lay on my bed and read till time to go!

We won! A last minute extra time winner!

So in good spirits, (not really, feeling ****!) We set off.

We took the M25 and despite really scrutinizing the way back through the Dartford tunnel we ended on the A2!
I really got angry and threatened to hurl the bloody thing out of the window.
Why can't he read the signs on the road instead of that stupid bloody thing!
It was telling him to stay right and as the junction approached, it told him to go left! (Why?)
So we had to travel to the next junction using my phone and I turned the sat nav off.
It took another half an hour to get to the tunnel.

I hope I never see that sat nav again!

I have begged my club to replace the useless machine or the driver or both!

I have also asked to be reimbursed for using my phone, as that cost quite a few Bob going up and down the busy roads to wherever we actually find ourselves.

Yorkshire next!
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook