1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

More meat in the freezer

Published by Resurgam in the blog Resurgam's blog. Views: 223

I went to the butcher and picked up a half pig I ordered from them. They are an old fashioned firm and I can have the carcase cut up into the size of joint I need for the two of us, then they pack and freeze it so I just need to pick it up and put into the freezer here.
Many years a go now, when I went to buy the freezer, the size I wanted was out of stock, so the manager offered me a larger one at a good price, and I have never regretted having the extra space. I have been able to stock up on cheap deals, buy bread at 10p a loaf and raid the marked down shelves ever since. Now I always have veges available, with the carb count marked on the pack, and the Lidl rolls freeze well so I always have them fresh when I want them, plus I can take half an ordinary loaf out for my husband and leave the other half to stay fresh.
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook