1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

My religion!!!!

Published by Lamont D in the blog Lamont D's blog. Views: 380

On this day of all days in the Christian calendar, I will tell you about my religion and how it affects my daily life and how my family go through so much to put up with my daily life!
You see, I am agnostic, I don't believe in the more orthodox religions like Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, and the many many more that the peoples of this world believe in.
I think that deep down I want to keep my options open, as I get older and nearer to my kind of next place, heaven, nirvana or whatever!
You see, I really don't have the time or inclination to follow any particular order, because my work can be doing my hours of work at most times through the calendar, I work, live, and my life revolves around football!
Not only our my waking hours dedicated to my local church (football ground) but my time away from there is spent keeping up with what is going on in the football world, watching games on television or coaching my local youth club team or having a kick around with my kids and grandkids.
It just doesn't stop, it is a form of religion!
Simply because I pray for my club to win games and try to do the best it can!
I organise my working life so that I can plan my next visit to my church at the same time as the next mass (or kick off) I celebrate the major holy days with visits to other churches or attend my church. I follow my priest (manager) and listen to his teachings on how to be a better church, (players) respond and invoke wisdom on the congregation by showing us the way of his beliefs (shape, tactics, formation).
My family follow my religion mostly (the wife has her doubts about the white church and prefers to celebrate with the red orthodoxy across the river and she despises the red devils (man u) as she should. Though the Christ has said, that you should turn the other cheek to those that sin. She replies that they are devils and should be treated as such!
My religion has taken me to the more remote regions of my religion where they follow a more faith less religious style and are sometimes admonished for their differences in beliefs in how the beautiful teachings are used to their advantage!
Interpretation and extremism is rife in the belief that winning is all, but it really should not be perceived as such and more civilised ethics should come to force when teaching as being part of the church is the most important role anybody can play.
What ever your religion or beliefs, always pray for those less fortunate, who obviously support the obnoxious southern clubs!
May your God be with you!
Hope mine is going to help us to promotion this season!
Please pray for us!
  • ickihun
  • Lamont D
  • ickihun
  • Lamont D
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook