1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

My Saturday Night Out! Motown!

Published by Lamont D in the blog Lamont D's blog. Views: 381

So, a really great Christmas present, was enjoyed by myself, my son and his partner last night, when we went to a local theatre to watch a show called, ' The Reach Out Tour'. Which was a Motown show, sung by professional singers, not a tribute band! The seven singers backed by a genuine backing band, and it was all live.
No synthesizers, no miming, real genuine voices. And music played live!
I have seen many artistes, famous and not so famous and have listened to all kinds of live and recorded material, and to say these singers, we're never out of key and clearly so talented and you have to wonder why they are not recording artistes when you consider the shocking synthetic voices you hear in modern popular music. I digress.
They sang and danced to different Motown artistes chart topping songs and they had the costumes to go with them, the choreography was very good. The hits kept coming, and the audience kept dancing and singing as the stars kept the 'party' going! The place rocked!
They were on stage for a total of two hours, with a break of thirty minutes. It was brilliant, can't give enough praise for it! They did three requests, gave away cds of the show, signed of course, posed for photos after, we're very obliging to the audience who wanted to chat and congratulate them on the performance afterwards.
The best thing I thought afterwards, was that the artistes enjoyed it! They kept smiling at each other, silent nods of heads and interacting with the audience, a young lad, about twenty even got the chance to dance for a song on stage and he was not bad either.
They did an accapello version of Under the Boardwalk, which was truly outstanding!
I've asked for another Christmas present as such for the near future!
Brilliant!
Enclave likes this.
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook