1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

New Life Post T2 diabetes

Published by CherryAA in the blog CherryAA's blog. Views: 3677

Its now three years since I was diagnosed with T2 diabetes. It is 2.5 years since I reversed it with a low carb/ ketogenic diet based on meat, fish, dairy, eggs and above ground vegetables.

I started a blog here on the impact of hyperinsulinaemia on almost all chronic health conditions. Since that time I have found more and more such references. As a result my goal has rather switched - now its do I personally help to get the message out both in my home - Malta and globally. and how can I help the low carb movement develop its own critical mass .

My concern is about how do we break out from the " echo chamber of LCHF" where we already know the news to help others who have not yet found out.
Chronic conditions are presented worldwide as depressing, life debilitating issues that will ruin your quality of life.

My life is fuller, richer, more exciting , happier, healthier than it has been for years . Why? because I finally realised what is FOOD . Most of the stuff on sale is just NOT FOOD. especially anything including refined carbs and seed oils. Did you know that even lawn mower engines run better on bacon grease than motor engine oil? ( google it )

It is no wonder that the human body continues to misfire on three cylinders when we insist on filling it with NOT FUEL . It is astonishing that humans know intuitively not to feed their cars donuts, but assume its ok to eat ourselves

As part of my plan I have now executive produced a number of films that has included:
Fat: A documentary with Vinnie Torterich
Madness: the cost of carbs (T1)

I have also helped fund "Gamechanges debunked the film" (https://www.youtube.com/foodlies) and am an executive producer of Food Lies - (Brian Sanders) and Sacred Cow out in the Spring.
More are to come.

A week ago I set up AfiniaFilm and acquired the distribution rights to a number of quality films across the UK, Ireland, Malta and the Channel Island ( across all genres) . Including The Biggest Little Farm which opened in cinemas in the UK and Ireland on 29 Nov 2019 in more than 200 cinemas overall. I did this because it shows us all just how important the very same farm animals we all understand are hugely important part of a healthy diet to BOTH the creation of healthy vegetables and a healthy planet. #yes2,meat is fundamental part of human health - in the fight againt the processed food industry.

The Biggest Little Film is an oscar contender and already won the Critic Choice Cinematography Award I was delighted that the story got picked up in Yorkshire my hometown

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/hea...mas-after-type-2-diabetes-reversal-1-10126503

I have some ideas as to how to use the vehicle of Afinia Film to take things further. If you are interested in progress please check out my new website Afinia Film where I am now running a blog.

You can also find me on twitter at amandazz100 and facebook at afiniafilm https://www.facebook.com/AfiniaFilm/
if you get the chance please go to see Biggest Little Farm - and cross your fingers that it does win an oscar !
Caeseji likes this.
  • Debandez
  • CherryAA
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook