1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

no 27

Published by Lamont D in the blog Lamont D's blog. Views: 400

Sorry, but I've been that busy, I've not had the time to continue with my blog.
My life is so busy, it's a good thing I'm really fit and healthy.
At work, at last the project is completed, finished today and proud as punch I am with it, my first day off tomorrow! I hope!
It nearly got washed away! Luckily, the persistent rain we've had and flooded most of the area which closed roads gradually eased off, three inches of rain in 36 hours! It was bad! Can't believe the shockingly bad summer we've had! It's so cold, or is it me? Anyway, the work is done, only the mundane things keeping the maintenance going and cutting the grass to do now!
I'm really glad because some stupid deja vu feelings have consistently bugged me throughout the project, hitting me at different times with what has happened! I want to get back to the norm to stop the dread of it happening.
Well the football season has really started and my kids team has its first league game this week, this is getting harder and harder to organise, so many things to fill out and carry to games also getting the kids there to where they are playing. I'm not moaning, but is it all necessary?
The kit, the first aid, respect barrier, team sheet, identity papers, managers identity, balls, bibs, cones pen and paper, money for the referee.
A I'm hoping for is that we do reasonably well and compete.
As for my local pro football club, how , can we cope in the conference? Well so far, not as good as I hoped!
A bit of up and down, as a Rovers fan I should be use to it but this is getting frustrating. I knew it wouldn't be easy nothing is, but for Christ s sakes, can we have a good performance and a win!
Had a good trip on Saturday except the result, it was good to have so much support, but the idiots spoilt it again. Some fifteen, sixteen years old, actually drunk, in the road causing mayhem! A few will spoil for the rest!
I've just started reading the next book in the series that I have mentioned in a previous blog and so far nothing is in the book that I had dreamt. But there is time yet!
Hopefully in the next few days, I can get around to getting some clothes shopping. I need a new belt and some more working trousers, I need them about 32" waist, probably elasticated, because of more weight loss, I'm still determined to get down to my optimum weight, still have to lose another stone.
First day back at school for all the grandkids, and they do look all smart in their expensive uniforms. It's turned into a right rip off, where you can only wear authorised uniforms. The schools are creaming off a fortune that the government has denied them.
I nearly believed that education in the state schools were free, so much for that!
Nothing is free or not taxed anymore!
Gonna treat myself with at least four hot meals tomorrow!
Hope you are all well or getting there!

If anyone finds out where 'there' is, let me know!
Enclave likes this.
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook