1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

No more emergency Pot Noodles

Published by RFSMarch in the blog RFSMarch's blog. Views: 673

So I am going to be up front. I have a Fitbit but I declare myself the 'Anti-Fitty' - I refuse to walk for no purpose. Now that is not to say I won't ever walk? This year I have booked AirBnBs where I have had to walk briskly to some metro of some description and then a walk to the tournament - where possible. I am looking at YOU America....!

But going for an amble for no reason when I am still knee deep in mum's probate and have months of expenses to do, and a sports website to maintain? Not gonna happen. But I will get up to do my knee rehab (former hurdler means I have no cartilage left in my knees!) and do some cardio boxing or start to break down a Couch to 5k to build up gradually. Because of the knee situation actually replicating C25K on a spin bike is pretty effective.

Yesterday I went to play tennis - I mean... I spend my life writing about it so it's worth having a play from time to time! Normally the lessons were an hour, but this is a pay as you go... and I didn't realise it finished at 9 and was an hour and a half.
By the time I got home I was ravenous. My BG had dropped to its lowest since I started using the Libre and the thought of trying to find that handy recipe to spiralise a sweet potato for noodles was unappealing. So it was an emergency Pot Noodle.

Well, it was worth it just to understand the resulting spike! That was the last of them... and being self-employed I need to live in some kind of age of austerity, so I can't bring myself to just chuck out a load of things. Just... when I get to the end of the high GI things, they will be replenished no more.

On the plus side (and yes, yes I know these are just estimates) but on this very site I found useful converter for percentages for the hba1cfor a chart I found so that when I head to the doctors once I get back from the US, I have all manner of charts that I have found to help start charting some of this stuff.

It looks as though things are moving down... but there is still a long way to go.
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook