1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Now what.

Published by Resurgam in the blog Resurgam's blog. Views: 372

This morning I woke feeling strange. It is Day 12 AD - after diagnosis.
I drank some water, in case it was dehydration - that didn't help, so I ate five grapes - maybe it was low sugar. I think it might be, as I am feeling slightly less dizzy but still not right.
Oh - the symptoms just stepped down then - maybe I am being too severe in my low carbing after over a year of eating the cholesterol lowering stuff.
I am being tempted to go outside and pick the smallest apple on the tree to eat with my lunch. The tree is a golden delicious, which I would never buy, but grown organically and the apples left to ripen on the tree so they lose that bright green colour, they do live up to their name. I used to use them for baking as well as eating them as they hover right on my self imposed limit of 10 percent net carbs.
As I could eat up to 80 gm of carbs a day and still lose weight if I exercised, it was not a big deal, but it might be now, being AD and not just a matter of weight control. I think I should resist the apple and go ahead with my planned meal of eggs and a tomato, then see how I feel.
I wish I could test my blood to see what effect my low carbing is having - when my blood test was done at the clinic glucose levels were in the teens, but I did not even know that was bad, it was just a number.
  • Enclave
  • Resurgam
  • Enclave
  • Resurgam
  • Enclave
  • Resurgam
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook