1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

oddly high readings

Published by Resurgam in the blog Resurgam's blog. Views: 266

Yesterday I got a sudden increase in BG up to 10.7 mmol/l which only decreased to 8.9 at bedtime and today my fasting level is 8.7.
That is rather worrying, as I had been seeing numbers in the 7s and low 8s even after eating.
I am going to reduce carbs down to the lower levels I was on when I was first diagnosed, as I have been adding in more of what I used to be able to eat, little by little as I did way back when I was doing Atkins for ongoing weightloss.
I was losing weight on target for 2lb a week, but I should have dropped another pound by now, and I haven't.
Ah well - I will have to go out and exercise as soon as the weather gets a bit warmer and dryer.
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook