1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Oh poor me

Published by Resurgam in the blog Resurgam's blog. Views: 286

I have been trying to eat things which I would not normally include in my low carb diet for weightloss but I have seen other people eating and not getting elevated BG readings.

Sulk sulk sulk sulk

So far, nothing at all is different - if I could not eat it when losing weight I can't eat it without a big increase - so I went to the shops and bought a cucumber and some mushrooms, and some metal bowls. Not that I really need more bowls, but Lidl have got them, so they don't cost much and they have lids, so I can use them to hold nuts and anything chopped or sliced. I needed to go to Lidl for cough mixture, as I have a nasty cough after catching a cold. Even the cough mixture registers on the meter. Sigh.
At least I feel better after stopping the statin. The ringing in my ears was really dreadful, and I was trying to learn the tune of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah. One thing I have always been able to do is pick up a tune after hearing it a few times, or even just once, but I was absolutely stumped - I still keep losing it and then it comes back - or I try listening to it again. Even my husband has noticed that I keep playing it over and over, and he was getting a bit worried and annoyed that I could not remember things.
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook