1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Pre Christmas readings. Blog no 38.

Published by Lamont D in the blog Lamont D's blog. Views: 341

Well the shopping has been done, the kids and grandkids pressies are sorted, the plans drawn, the freezer full and the fridge, well and truly stuffed! One more delivery of shopping after wages paid in and thank whoever that's that for chrimbo!
The house is a grotto, the decorations and tree done, the garden lit up like the Blackpool illumination! The pressies wrapped and the house is clean and tidy for all our visitors. Spare batteries and bank account has been well and truly raided. All my roasting joints are lined up for me to get the roasting tins out and oven on!

Ok now, plan's are being drawn up between two grandkids birthdays before and after Christmas day!
Grandson number 5 was born on December 23rd and granddaughter number one was born on December 27th. Well the pressies have been sorted and the cards are ready, just getting to the kids parties!
Can't make the grotto and first party because of working this weekend as grandson number one, it's his birthday!
Christmas used to be just Christmas till fifteen years ago, now it's just an absolutely party time from now until New year! It used to be Christmas day and maybe boxing day for the family get together, now it's literally every other day!
Of course the little ones love it! It's such an exciting time for them, (and me!)
Santa's letters wrote out and posted, the celebrations are just about to be started!

There is only one drawback, like a lot of people, I have to work nearly every day, between now and the second week in January! Just Christmas day off and that's a change this year, as luck would have it! I might get the two birthdays off, but I won't hold my breath, but the kids understand, and sometimes, you just can't do anything about it. It's all part of my job!

But I know that I will get spoilt, because in our house and family, that what we do!

My Christmas wish is that despite our problems and worries, we can spread some happiness into the kids lives and let them enjoy themselves whilst they are younger and healthier!

My best wishes to all!

Merry Christmas to all on the forum!
Enclave and chri5 like this.
  • Enclave
  • Lamont D
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook