1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Quite sucessful result for bread

Published by Resurgam in the blog Resurgam's blog. Views: 403

Apart from not having any more of the milled seed mix the bread experiment is going fairly well - the bread I made for this month is quite good - I need to weigh the dough carefully before baking and calculate the percentage carbs. I know that there are a lot of lower carb ingredients included in my normal bread mix, so it has to be reduced carbs.
I think that if I could find some wheat gluten it would help with the rising - but most places which supply it are mail order and the cost to post is prohibitive.
I do have a dark brown bread which is no heavier than the protein bread I buy, and the recipe makes three small loaves.
I am tempted to add another cup of bread flour to the recipe and make four loaves, then freeze three and have one a week, rather than have all three loaves sitting on the worktop tempting me to eat them up before they go stale. I think that I could cope with a loaf a week if it is a small one, and baking them once every four weeks.
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook