1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Repetitive dreams! Blog no. 37

Published by Lamont D in the blog Lamont D's blog. Views: 269

I have not mentioned a dream of mine for a while! So I'll go for this one, as it has been a recurring theme that has bounced around in my dreamworld a few times and if I get it out there, maybe like the others that have haunted my sleeping hours, it will recede into the past and give me some rest.
My dreams are very vivid and they do hurt me on occasions, especially if they are really vivid and action filled.
This one starts on a Merchant man during WWII. This dream is separated into seven parts each sequential just like a story! This is a brief overview and a shortened version of the dream.

I am serving on the bridge of a merchant man on board a ship sailing across the Atlantic. I am in ordinary seaman clothes. There is the captain and an American admiral there as well.
The American admiral is desperate to get across to Blighty. They are arguing about the time spent getting there.
I feel that there is something so important on board! We have to get to Liverpool soonest

At the docks in Birkenhead the ship is berthed at one of the famous wharfes in the dock complex.
The admiral is arguing with someone who has to do with the train parked alongside. It is a cargo train and the package needs to be transferred.
We are having a meeting in a bunker and it has maps all over the walls and tables. The Admiral is insistent that the package is delivered quickly to an American air force base.

Train is derailed in bombing attack, the package is transferred to a truck to an airfield close by and I am the one guarding it! More bombs and explosions, I can hear the Admiral continually shouting at the delay.

The package is taken by truck to another airbase with me riding as the only guard with the Admiral shouting at anything and anyone. It's too late, he shouts often and loudly.

The Admiral is shouting that D Day has failed. Because the package could not be deployed.
The Army brass won't let the Admiral use the package.
I get the feeling that I shouldn't be in this place now!

I am accompanying the Admiral somewhere, he is as normal shouting that we missed a great chance to kill thousands of the enemy.
I tell him the war is over and the package wasn't needed.
We are all cowards and have betrayed the allies. Could have got rid of the lot, he keeps shouting.

We are at a court, where a lieutenant, is on trial for being a traitor. Apparently he was caught, giving details of the package. He is shot!
I witness everything.
The Admiral smiles for a change!
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook