1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

September bread

Published by Resurgam in the blog Resurgam's blog. Views: 234

Finally got around to making another batch of bread and it seems to be just about rising with the amount of flour I am using, even with another cup of non gluten ingredient.

The recipe is now 4 cups of flour of various sorts - as per the first recipe, plus one cup of psyllium flour, a 200 gm bag of Alesto super seed mix 150gm of ground almonds, a small amount of lard, one tsp of salt one tsp sugar two pints of hot water, mixed and left overnight, then two sachets of yeast and kneaded next morning, Divided into 2 lots of 700gm in small tins and the rest in a slightly larger tin, then left in a warm place to rise.
When I turned the oven on to heat up I sprayed the top of the loaves with water to soften the crust, hoping for some extra rise as they warmed up before cooking.
The loaves needed to cook for quite a long time, and I removed from the tin and put them back inn the oven for ten minutes as they were still damp, turned off the oven and left the loaves in there.
This morning they are done, and although not so breadlike as the first lot they are perfectly edible. Cooking at 180 degrees C prevented the seeds from burning. My Lidl has stopped selling the super seed mix so I will try to find a substitute.
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook