1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Shocking!

Published by Lamont D in the blog Lamont D's blog. Views: 355

I have had to witness the local A&E three times in the past week.
The first was one of my family having rhinovirus, the second was a footballer who had a torn ligament, the third was myself, receiving far too many volts from an electrical power point!
What a hat-trick!
The care was fantastic, the nurse, junior doctors, the staff, brilliant!
But the waiting times were dreadful!
In every attendance, the time spent in the department was well over five to six hours, to see a doctor, the department just could not cope with the influx of patients. Every one were in need of treatment, there wasn't no one who didn't have to be there.
Unfortunately, this is becoming a usual occurrences, every day, the department is stretched, there is seldom any beds, for those that requires being hospitalized.
Another local hospital, with a brand new emergency department, has had to call a black warning and turn away patients. This is a warning for the rest of the winter.

I could go on about politics, I could write all night about what is happening to our country.

I cannot imagine why anyone would vote for another five years of this government!

By the way all three patients are okay and back to their usual selves!!!
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook