1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Slowly slowly

Published by Resurgam in the blog Resurgam's blog. Views: 200

this morning I tried on a skirt I made a little while ago, when my clothes started falling off, and saw that it is now on the point of being too large. It is a wrap over style and was on the loosest fastening when I made it, now it is on the tightest.
I checked my weight, and it is now 221lb - which means I am losing about one and a half pounds in a month - not exactly fast, but I am not trying to lose weight, I just want normal BG levels. Anything else is a bonus.
As I have been eating my apples - I have two trees in the garden and they are laden with fruit - I will have to pick them soon and see if I can store them, I am surprised that I have not gained weight, but I am far more active these days.
I do not have an apple every day, and I do compensate for their extra carbs - but I am glad to be able to do something more normal for me. Last year the apples ripened later and I left them to fall and rot back into the soil, which did not feel right.
Freema likes this.
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook