1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

So...here we are!

Published by Beating-My-Betes in the blog Beating-My-Betes's blog. Views: 47

Evidently, plans got a little messed up. Been a bit busy, and out of the house enough to make tracking not so easy. Still have to collate the meal tests from last week. Just hoping that the meter has enough memories for that data to still be stored.

Tomorrow is day one.

As far as BS testing goes, it'll be no more than FBG, except when I randomly test a meal against the baseline references (The first tests I did). At some point, I'll also test the exact full day TIR test, although this will be a bit further into the plan. Looking for trends, ultimately. And if things go according to plan, the trend should shift towards lessened 1-hour spiking and a quicker return to baseline.

As far as nutrition logging goes, I'm not sure. While I'd love to keep up the pattern of logging every morsel of food, I think it's going to lead to burnout (It's been one of the things that has led to me taking so long to start i.e knowing how big of a commitment weighing and logging and photographing every gram of food). So, I'll have to find some kind of pattern. Ultimately, my own views on RDA's don't match with needing to get 100% sufficiency, on a daily basis. Certainly, it doesn't make sense from an evolutionary stand-point. However, I do like to make sure I occasionally do hit 100% of them all.

Given I don't have full access to a kitchen, and prepare most of my food in my bedroom, with an air-fryer and a multi-cooker (Like an Instant-Pot, but without the pressure). And given we're now in Summer and I'm in the hottest room in the house, I think I'm likely just to throw most of my food (Starches, legumes and veggies) into one pot in the cool temps of the morning and just eat the mixture with salad, for the rest of the day. Of course, I can easily prepare cereals, breads, smoothies and fruit salads etc.

Either way, daily macros and micros might be estimated, based off a few weighed examples. Carbs will be high, no matter what...and that's what we're really testing, right? ;)
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook