1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Squeekyboys blog revisited 2018

Published by Squeekyboy in the blog Squeekyboy's blog. Views: 704

Hello,

Thanks for stopping by...

Well in 2017, I started my blog & had hoped to have lost weight so I could be given Rivaoxaban instead of using
Warfarin & having to continually go to the clinic for retests of INR but more importantly for me, this would mean I could eat more vegies to aid my weight loss & general heath.
I now have less hassle when thinking what I can eat & still remain healthy.

I've been on Rivaoxaban for two weeks now & I'm enjoying life more, because we went for sunday lunch at the pub yesterday evening & we had tomato & red pepper soup home made they said followed by roast beef diner with sprouts, cabbage, one carrot & some sweed but didn't feel one bit guilty. I finished off with a cheese platter giving the crackers to my wife. I did have one naughty thing though...garlic cheese bread ate the cheesy garlic & gave the bread a miss, do you know I've not had garlic since my DVT & PE.

OK Weight wise, at the moment I've only lost 1 stone & I'm back at the gym too, for a second bash at it but I'm pretty slow I must say but this time I'm going to stick at it as I'm back with my old trainig buddy Paul.

So wish me luck as I wave the weight goodby & keep the bg's low, last test shows 6.4 mol the lowest I've ever been since diagnosis in 2015.

Again, thanks for dropping by.
Squeekyboy.:)
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook