1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Test results

Published by Resurgam in the blog Resurgam's blog. Views: 431

I am still feeling shocked by my results today - Hba1c reduced to 47, from 91 - I was thinking perhaps something in the 60s - and in such a short time. I thought it was 80 days but I think it might be 78 - not that it matters - but I am sure that the results were to a large extent due to my having a meter so I could check after meals and then act on the results to maintain a low spike.
Of course I need to continue to eat low carb - but that is no hardship really - I hope that I will be able to eat more fruit eventually, but that would be fairly low carb - the greatest temptation will be the apples from my trees later this year, if it is a good year. Perhaps I should get an apple crusher and turn them all into cider rather than see them go to waste. The birds appreciate the windfalls, but in a good year there can be hundreds of apples on each tree.

The main problem at the moment is that I have almost nothing to wear. I will have to get busy and make myself a few things to tide me over until my weight stabilises.
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook