1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

The Newbee........

Published by Chipiez in the blog Chipiez's blog. Views: 853

Well, .......... Only being diagnosed recently, with "pre-diabetes" my HbA1c was 47- so i thought ok, i can do this, i can change my diet i can eat healthier, its not diabetes ..........., how stupid and niave was I?? I went out and bought lancets, accue reader, urine testing strips, fruit,veg etc and im more confused than ever.
Im always tired, have either manic energy or none at all......... I try and eat 3 meals a day with fruit for snacks but hunger takes over, i get this sickening feeling, almost a sense of dread, like something is going to happen. Im always thirsty and then drink water but still feel like ive eaten sand......,,. Then the more i drink the more im on the toilet...... Im becoming obsessive in reading my BS- tonight i had the biggest shock, normally i float between 6.8-9.4 tonight before dinner it read 17.0 i ate a grilled chicken salad and 2 hours later read 7.8 ........... Is this normal??? I dont know, ......this is the most confusing diagnosis and i really dont have a clue...........inever realised how it can affect your life, if this is "pre-diabetes" then i still have worse hurdles to overcome. Not a happy prospect- maybe this blog might help and hearing how others live with this awful illness, may help me understand. : )
  • Lamont D
  • carol anne
  • Lamont D
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook