1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

The ups and downs of the job - a true test

Published by RFSMarch in the blog RFSMarch's blog. Views: 262

So here I am in the US, now on Metformin SR and the road is bumpy.

So I duly upped my Metformin instant release to three tables a day having not really had many of the more unpleasant symptoms usually associated with these tablets... until I went to three. Severe headaches, dodgy stomach in the morning.
Now as luck would have it I manage to source a Freestyle Libre medical certificate that had been created some enterprising soul and had to go see the doctor anyway, so I pushed my case for the Metformin slow release, and started again.

However, there were still the occasional mornings with a dodgy stomach, still the severe headaches, and not surprisingly these didn't stop when I got Stateside which is challenging when you are stuck in a media centre all day.

But the curious thing for me with the metformin and so many carb heavy places to eat as concessions, I went the other way and was blocked solid. So much so I had to leave the media centre early last night because I felt so unwell - shaky, sick.

Thankfully nature took its course painfully but at least this morning I was able to drag myself to the fitness centre (well crusty treadmill) and a husband and wife team of lovely volunteers in the centre bought me greek yoghurt, berries and I brought a gazillion Oatwell Crispy Heart packages for breakfast.

Hopefully today it is not too late to catch up with a load of things!
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook