1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Those odd readings

Published by Resurgam in the blog Resurgam's blog. Views: 270

I finally realised that the odd levels are due to exercise and nothing to do with food at all.
Walking is making a big impact on the lowest levels I see, but after even a short walk my readings are high.
Hopefully as my fitness increases the highs will not be so abrupt. I can go up and down stairs far more easily than at diagnosis, my feet have shrunk so much that I have had to discard several pairs of shoes and sandals - but I did not have symptoms of diabetes - I have been watching for them, as I expected to be diabetic long ago. Perhaps I was, but eating as low carb as I could might have helped.

Exercise is altering my reaction to insulin, I think, so my readings go down after eating. It is 7.5 after eating this evening, it is usually closer to 8.
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook