1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Time to lose some weight ... week 3

Published by BrianDoc in the blog BrianDoc's blog. Views: 263

Into the third week of trying intermittent fasting, some walking and a bit less carbs having dropped to under 30 a day.
The first 2 weeks have seen me lose 7lb, and my fasting readings dropping to the fives most days, no real way to know but I am putting the weight loss down to the walking I am doing 5 or 6 walks a day each about 3/4 mile, so 4 miles or so a day that I wasn’t doing, and I am putting the fasting fives down to not eating after diner as the one time I did I was in the mid sixes the following morning.
I am not sure that dropping my carbs from under 40 to under 30 has had any impact to be honest, over a period of months dropping them from under 130 to under 40 saw no difference to my weight or blood glucose, I got a 42 reading in February when I was under 80 carbs, and still 42 earlier this month by which time I was down to under 40, perhaps dropping total carbs by 20 every other month has let my body get used to it and that’s why I haven’t got the big weight drop others have experienced, who knows, I will stick to under 30 this week, then we are on holiday next week so I will think about dropping further after that.

Anyway, today, tested at 6.0 at 0800, first 6 for several days, but expected as I go fishing on a Sunday and can’t stick to my routine. Then had 2 coffees with milk and my usual breakfast of 2 scrambled eggs with cheese and bacon and mushrooms. 6 carbs. Holding off for the rain to go for my first walk of the day.

1100, first walk of the day, stuck to the paths as the park is sodden, 1750 steps banked.

1300, second walk, 3500 steps banked, then home for lunch, prawns with a homemade Marie Rose sauce 2.5 carbs, and a litre bottle of water.

1530, quick walk before the rain comes back, 4900 banked.

1730, tested before diner 5.0, marks and Spencer’s chicken tikka 17 carbs so 25.5 carbs today, then time for another walk 6650 banked.
Lamont D likes this.
  • BrianDoc
  • BrianDoc
  • BrianDoc
  • BrianDoc
  • BrianDoc
  • BrianDoc
  • Beelady
  • BrianDoc
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook