1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1 diabetes research

Published by Annie_Suenfa in the blog Annie_Suenfa's blog. Views: 515

Hello everyone,

I am a year 12 student at Highcliffe School who is wishing to study medicine as a future career. I have undertaken an Extended Project alongside my A levels, which involves independent research and writing a 5000 word academic report. My EPQ project title is 'Do genes cause the development of type 1 diabetes?' and I am going to carry out a critical investigation into both environmental factors and genes susceptibility that may cause type 1 diabetes.

The reason to why I have chosen this as my topic is because I am a patient of type 1 diabetes and I would love to learn more about this condition.

I have already started my secondary research for my project and I am now currently carrying out my primary research, which is going to be an online survey that I have created. The purpose of this survey is so that I can compare this data from my survey with the research statistics that has already been done and to use the data as backup evidence for my EPQ report findings.

I would appreciate it so much if some of you could complete the survey below in the link, especially if you are a parent or guardian to a child that has type 1 diabetes, to help me with my project. All information attained will remain under the strictest of confidence and would not be shared with third party as mentioned in the survey and will be used for my survey only. I have attached a consent form to provide you with more information on confidentiality.

Thank you again if you have taken time to complete this survey :)
survey link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfXY776mwEOwCd7xwDRKbuzclYmyk2Cmjp99J_s-tc0ErImFw/viewform

Attached Files:

You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook