1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Under 16 stone!!

Published by Resurgam in the blog Resurgam's blog. Views: 226

This morning I stood on the scales and saw 223lb - which is very gratifying.
Losing weight has never been very easy but it increased at a great rate with no effort at all, except when eating low carb.
I had thought that the 'cholesterol lowering' diet had spoilt that, but it seems to be coming back very gradually now.
I suppose it is an indication of how damaging a high carb diet is, it breaks the metabolism and mending it takes time.
It isn't a year since diagnosis yet, so a bit of patience might be required, but I'll soon be needing new clothes - even without losing weight I am losing volume so another review of garments is needed.
Petaluk likes this.
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook