1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Wednesday 7/08

Published by foxglove in the blog foxglove's blog. Views: 39

Well today things went from bad to much worse!
I have stopped taking the codeine that I have for my back pain as I keep constantly having attacks of feeling out of control and codeine does alter the breathing so I was hoping that I would feel better but it didn't help at all .. had a word with my carer this morning and asked her to take me seriously so she wouldn't just brush it off .. that I have been feeling really bad and out of control! She immediately phoned the nurse and the team leader who both came straight away and the 3 of us had a long chat about it and I should be seeing the doctor tomorrow afternoon.
In the afternoon I went to the activities room and I joined in with the finishing of the letters we did last week and most probably bored the pants off everyone with my tales of woe at the same time! Then I went into the café to have an omelette and a cup of tea and promptly dozed off to sleep when a guy called Trigger shouted boo! at me and I woke up with such a jump and was extremely annoyed! I keep reminding him not to do that because of my heart condition but unfortunately he thinks that it's very funny!
I eventually came back to my flat but am really worried that I will have another attack and feel that I am going round the twist.. it's a horrible feeling.
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook