1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

WEEP is doing its stuff

Published by Metabolism_Boss in the blog Metabolism_Boss's blog. Views: 422

The Winter Eating and Exercise Plan (WEEP) seems to be paying off. I do something every day, alternating between resistance, isometric and rebounder exercises and also change which “bit” of me I work on (broadly upper body, abdominals and legs). Over the last seven weeks, I have:

Lost 6lbs

Gained muscle in my arms, abdomen and back

Got rid of the nagging ache in my left bicep

Got rid of the pain in my right shoulder that I felt when I put my arm behind my back to wash / scratch it.

Reduced my resting heart rate by over 20 beats a minute

Got rid of the numbness in my left foot earlier in the year and substituted burning pain

Got rid of the burning pain in my left foot and substituted normal feeling

In addition, I can run flat out on my rebounder for 1 minute without feeling I’m about to die and I can also do all sorts of horrid exercises on my mini multi-gym without feeling I’m about to die.

I’m going to carry on with it now for as long as I can, even though I have nagging little voice that says it’s ridiculous to be doing this at my age.
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook