1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What price Hope?

Published by Guzzler in the blog Guzzler's blog. Views: 3168

I am hoping with all my might that I am begining to redress the harm caused by decades of eating the Western diet. The harm that a high carbohydrate diet that has caused liver damage, atherosclosis, possible nephropathy, possible retinopathy etc etc the list goes on and includes Alzheimers, Dementia and Cancer. The recent findings are sobering, indeed.
I am just an ill educated housewife on a limited budget but I would dearly like to be able to afford some of the tests that are available that might give me hope and encouragement in my struggle to undo some of the harm already done and to avoid future complications.
I never thought that a Pancreatic scan done in that zooped up scanner in Newcastle would become a stuff of dreams for me. Even the privately funded blood tests are beyond my pocket.
So, where do I, and people like me, find hope? Our A1c? Lipid panel if our GP deems it necessary? Liver and Kidney function tests? I need more because I need to 'see' my progress or the lack of it in real terms. Controlling my bg is not now enough to sate my need for hope. The more I learn the less hope I have because few boffins speak of what happens after a person with T2 reverses their Diabetes in terms of reversing the actual harm already done, harm that surely leaves scars.
Because of preexisting health conditions I have not seen the return to former health that others report such as an increase in energy levels, less inflammation and a return to a zest for life. I wish now that I had never been diagnosed, ignorance is, indeed, bliss.
  • Katiesgran
  • Guzzler
  • Alexandra100
  • Guzzler
  • MarieBell
  • Guzzler
  • joaker
  • Guzzler
  • joaker
  • Guzzler
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook