1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Yesterday at the bus stop.

Published by Lamont D in the blog Lamont D's blog. Views: 433

This really happened.

As usual my father-in-law, got the bus to get his bits and Bob's on Saturday and as usual he left his bus pass on the bus.

So under orders from my better half, I was ordered to get it back! After a few phone calls, I found that it had been handed in at a post office way out in the suburbs near a grammar school.

So armed with the map in my head and the knowledge of what bus(es) to get. I embarked.
The journey was not a problem and even the post office was straightforward as could be.
I walked to the nearest bus stop and lo and behold the next bus scheduled was 45 minutes away, so I set off on shanks' pony to get another bus, a different route, the bus stop was outside the school.
I started approaching the school near the corner which I had to turn to get there. Nearing the bus stop, I started getting the feeling (again) that I had been here before. I know that I've never walked here before or as I got to the bus stop, the feeling was really intense, I remember straight away that I met an old school friend there. I met him as he was back in school.
I got a grip of myself and looked at the bus times, it was due in another ten minutes. So the shelter had a seat, I smiled at myself wondering whether I had been there before, I was convinced I hadn't.
I was lost in thought when a lady approached and asked if they (a gent was behind her) had missed the bus.
No I answered,
With that, we just started passing time chatting nice talk and the topic of how far you could get on the bus now and how you were lucky to get a bus anywhere outside the old boroughs, before the eighties..
I told them from where I used to live to get to my favourite football team I had to get two buses and walk etc.
They asked where I was from and a sudden realisation that I knew the gent but not at this age.
I told them where I grew up and stated that I went to my school, 'so did I' was his response, then he mentioned my name, I knew it was him and I hadn't seen him since school..
We shook hands and asked about what had happened to each other, gave each other telephone numbers with a promise to chat or text.
We sat together on the bus until I had to get off at my stop. It was after the farewell wave, I had forgotten about the deja vue and the memory that I had either dreamt the situation or had something to do with our meeting, it surely wasn't just a coincidence?
Was it fate? A chance encounter? I wouldn't have known him until we started speaking. I certainly don't talk to strangers at bus stops. Not ever! Why then? If I had got an earlier or later bus? Weird or what?

I am weird!
  • Pricemoofly
  • Enclave
You need to be logged in to comment
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook