1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

New Profile Posts

teresahunter
    teresahunter
    I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism , Secondary Hyperparathyroidsm and LADA on the 6 of April 2018.
    Sainty47
    hannah9825
    hannah9825 Juicyj
    Hi,

I am a Psychology undergraduate student. I am currently recruiting participants to complete a survey for my dissertation. I have received permission from diabetes.co.uk to post a link on this forum which directs people to my survey. If I do this will it be marked as spam as I noticed that you need to post at least 3 times before posting a link on here?

Many thanks,
    Hannah.
    1. View previous comments...
    2. Juicyj
      Juicyj
      Yes please also copy in @DCUKMod in case I'm not online, thanks.
      Feb 22, 2019 at 9:18 PM
      hannah9825 and DCUKMod like this.
    3. hannah9825
      hannah9825
      I just tried to send a private message but there is no option to start a conversation when I click on the envelope icon for some reason. @Juicyj @DCUKMod
      Feb 23, 2019 at 8:50 AM
    4. DCUKMod
      DCUKMod
      @hannah9825 - I'll start a PM and include all the Mods, then when you've posted the body of your thread, one of us can insert the link.

Sorry this is a bit of a trial for you.
      Feb 23, 2019 at 9:46 AM
      hannah9825 likes this.
    Diane60
    Diane60
    HbA1C Dec2018. 58
    Diane60
    Diane60
    HbA1C Feb 2018. 51
    Diane60
    Diane60
    HbA1C August 2017 55
    Diane60
    Diane60
    HbA1C June 2017 65
    Sean01
    Sean01 JoKalsbeek
    Hi. I read your post. Excellent --99% spot on. The one thing you missed (unless I skimmed over it) was exercise - By the way, it appears that you have disabled the opportunity to reply. I hope you didn't do it to avoid any backlash from people who might not agree with your thoughts. What you have advocated is absolutely spot on. You may find you will only get positive comments.
    1. JoKalsbeek
      JoKalsbeek
      I'm having a hard time interacting with people at the moment, hence the no-comments; that's on me just being me. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and I could learn something, but right now I'm not in a space where comments work. ;) As for exercise, I don't know much about it. And as nutrition's food, that I do know something about. ;) But thanks for reading&taking the trouble to respond!
      Feb 20, 2019 at 4:57 PM
      Sean01 likes this.
    Sridhar60
    Sridhar60
    Just joined the forum...lots of information here .. I see....diagnosed with type 2...but well in control...
    1. Sridhar60
      Sridhar60
      I used go be wondering why my GGT was always high on lipid tests in spite of being a strict vegetarian and almost no alcohol..then I stopped the daily full fat yogurt I was taking for years and viola my HBA1C dropped a few points..stop dairy and see the difference.
      Feb 20, 2019 at 4:31 PM
    Jaz006
    davidhowardmuhn
    davidhowardmuhn
    Have been a Type 1 Diabetic for 37 years & have the blood disorder Spherocytosis. I live in New York state with an Organic Farm
    SlimLizzy
    Brian19631
    Brian19631
    I am 55 yrs old. On Sunday night I had a reading of 33.1. Went to the hospital and I’m getting treated for Type 1 diabetes and Injections
    caoimhed
    caoimhed
    Thanks a million, Caoimhe!
    Shellabella46
    Shellabella46
    I’m a mum of 2 and a nanny to 5 beauties and a loving wife
    Coffecat
    SlimLizzy
    ratcliffe33
    ratcliffe33
    I am T2. Trying to lose weight, blood sugars gone high
    bramblejelly
    edoos
    edoos
    fat for fuel
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook