1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

New Profile Posts

Kathy Liu
    Kathy Liu
    hi, I am Kathy
    1. Jollymon likes this.
    Lily and Charlie's mummy
    Lily and Charlie's mummy
    Newley diagnosed type 2 diabetic, devastated
    Jennytex1
    Jennytex1
    Any good tips for weight reduction
    1. Andydragon
      Andydragon
      Dec 5, 2021 at 8:54 AM
    Jennytex1
    Jennytex1
    I want to get slimmer, am getting fater
    Jennytex1
    Jennytex1
    Am a woman of commitment and integrity
    KittyLenore
    KittyLenore
    Gestational diabetes twice, now type 2. Im Strugling with food as vegetarian, i eat cheese,but no milk or other dairy, no fish.no egg....
    ultradad
    ultradad
    HBA1c 32 Just waiting for cholesterol results
    Distroyer
    Distroyer FL280
    Hi,

I have seen you post regarding you being on Lantus only for over a year and controlling your type 1 with diet and exercise only. I was diagnosed type 1 beginning this year and in similar situation. Doctor and Nurse says continue the what I am doing but it will come to point where I will need more insulin. I am just wondering are you still on Lantus only or you now need more insulin. Thanks
    1. Andydragon
      Andydragon
      Nov 26, 2021
    Zolly
    Zolly
    Single with 2 grown up daughters. Living by myself.
    justaisha
    justaisha ThePenguinPimp
    Hello saw your post on gaba and kidney function. I was hoping to ask you some questions.
    1. Andydragon
      Andydragon
      Nov 25, 2021
    Sassy164
    Sassy164 KennyA
    Hello --- Had to chanhe user name to Sassy164
    1. KennyA
      KennyA
      Gotcha. Hope this is useful.
      Nov 23, 2021
    2. Sassy164
      Sassy164
      Just trying to figure out where/how i post on the forum
      Nov 23, 2021
    3. KennyA
      KennyA
      Start in the greetings and introductions bit. What people will be looking for is stuff like what type you are, how long you've had it - thi s is mainly to stop people telling you stuff you already know. I had a newly dx'd T2 telling me this monththat low-carb was worth a try. So go on the Greetings bit and then click on "start a new thread" and type what you want.
      Nov 23, 2021
    Sassy164
    Sassy164
    Just joined thanks to KennyA - Been diabetic 26 yrs!!!
    Jim D
    Jim D
    Current weight 105 KG, 45 years old, new diabetic, needs help :-)
    Bloodraven
    pasiphae1953
    pasiphae1953
    I want to delete this account.
    Doug53
    Doug53
    Still on Dapagliflozin, Metformin, Gliclazide and now a Trulicity pen (1.5). Blood sugar is still a bit high :(
    Sugar Coated
    Sugar Coated
    Working Hard to reach C12H22O11 ZERO
    Snootygator
    Snootygator
    Hi new to group. I'm type 2 and had very little info given . I've been struggling along now for nearly a year. What's you best advice?
    Gary with 1 R
    Gary with 1 R
    Type 2, October 2021, 2k of metformin daily, Welsh/English, sent/moved downunder in 1972 (kicking and screaming) now call Australia home.
    BenCP
    BenCP
    Newly diagnosed T2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook