Moderator nominations for 2016 (Nominations close: 31/1/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think it would be a nice touch if there was a moderator of the month award?
The accolade could be put under the respective mod's avatar, like a virtual sash or something...

Reactions: 8 people

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it would be a nice touch if there was a moderator of the month award?
The accolade could be put under the respective mod's avatar, like a virtual sash or something...
I second this idea .. It's wonderful .. I would like to award the moderator titled .......... :blackeye:

Reactions: 2 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I second this idea .. It's wonderful .. I would like to award the moderator titled .......... :blackeye:

Exactly.. Nominate a mod. Have votes & make a big swanky black tie night of it...! :cool:

Reactions: 6 people

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Exactly.. Nominate a mod. Have votes & make a big swanky black tie night of it...! :cool:

We'd actually like to do an event where people from the forum were invited down and we gave out awards - it would be a great opportunity to reward the success stories/experiences and for people to meet/mingle/get to know real-life people. We had this penciled for discussion later in the year, so will certainly revisit it!

Reactions: 12 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I finally remembered the name of a person I would like to nominate. He has recently changed his account name as his old account was closed in error I believe.

@DavidGrahamJones ( I think he was Graj0 ? ) .

Reactions: 11 people

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
The OP has just been updated *bump*

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We're starting to get a fine smorgasbord of nominations. (Was going to use the term "selection box". But felt it inapropriate.)

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We're looking to expand the team of moderators (ideally with at least 5 new mods) as the membership has grown rapidly over the last 12 months. As discussed in the thread below, it would be great to have a range of moderators in terms of age, type of diabetes, country, experience, etc.

If you would like to nominate any potential moderators or would like to nominate yourself, please do so below!

Currently nominated are: *list updated: 26/1/16*

@Robbity
@britishpub
@pleinster
@Winnie53
@nosher8355
@Enclave
@Spiker
@Bluetit1802
@Robinredbreast
@zand
@sanguine
@Brunneria
@13lizanne
@Tim55
@SamJB
@AndBreathe
@Jaylee
@tim2000s
@Diamattic
@DeejayR
@mrspuddleduck
@Mongolia
@Chook
@Andrew Colvin
@Sucre Bleu
@Dillinger
@Avocado Sevenfold
@Indy51
@himtoo
@donnellysdogs
@ewelina
@Totto
@poshtotty
@DavidGrahamJones

If anyone has been missed from the list, please re-tag them!

Hey, I've just been tagged, what is this?

For anyone tagged who is thinking 'hey, what's this?' - you've been nominated as a potential moderator! :)

Nominations will close on 31/1 and then nominee apps will be collected (we'll PM/email you and let you know too), reviewed (history, length of membership, warnings, bans, etc - we'll discuss this with you, too) and the official vote for new moderators is *scheduled* for Feb 8 - to close on 29/2.

Being nominated for a mod position is a compliment - it reflects the support, compassion and positivity you bring to this community - a community that is helping people get better, simply by talking to each other.

I'm not sure I want to be a mod: If you do *not* want to be put forward as a potential moderator, that is totally not a problem. Please write on the thread below or PM @Giverny / @Administrator know and your nomination will not be included.

May I please have my name removed from the list, please @Administrator. Many thanks

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have already requested that @Administrator takes my name off the list. I thought I ought to explain here as well so there is no confusion. Many thanks to those who supported my nomination. :) I'm sorry, the timing is all wrong for me. A few months ago I decided to have a break from all forums for personal reasons and it's time I put this into practice, so I shan't be around to put in enough hours. Maybe next time? :)

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would also like to request that @Administrator remove me from the list. I don't spend enough time here these days to warrant the nomination. I'm also not motivated enough to spend the time and energy required to do the job correctly.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Could you remove me, too, please. I just don't have enough spare time. Many thanks x

M

mrspuddleduck

Can you remove me too please @Administrator . Whilst I am grateful for the nomination, I do think my role on the forum is better served by my sicking my nose into other 'types' business, asking rather obvious questions and generally trying to be a nuisance! :)
But might be up for it next time........:eek:

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Well, there could still be five left at the end of this.

Reactions: 14 people

Diamattic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I wouldn't disagree regarding @zand & @tim2000s

But I wouldn't wish to let @Diamattic slip below the radar either...

Would stealth not be a good moderator quality ? lol

Thank you very much for the nomination, it has me smiling from ear to ear haha but feel as though i should gracefully bow out. There are many other members who have been around longer then I who should get the nod first on this one. Maybe next time though!

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
@Administrator and please remove me too please. I'm grateful for the support of those who nominated me but I have far too little time to do it justice if I were to be elected (not very likely given I spend little time at all here now due to other commitments). A year ago things might have been different.

Status
Not open for further replies.