SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning everyone,
Some thoughts on this if you can. I've had tingling in feet which goes up my calves and stops at the knee and tingling hands which don't quite reach the elbow. Yesterday, one finger went completely numb and freezing cold. I took them both to the doctor, he got tests done for vit B12 and follic acid and my thyroid. All normal well except I take thyroxine. He doubled the dose of potassium.
So now what?
Any ideas welcomed with tingly fingers

Reactions: Kevin259

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
do you have a consultant. obviously you need to get diabetic nerve/blood vessel damage discounted. iv 2 numb fingers on my right hand just wear and tear says my doctor.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It could be diabetic neuropathy. This is something that needs investigating.

D

Deleted Account

Is this a recent thing or is it something that runs in your family?
I regularly get very cold numb white fingers. This is due to Raynauds which my mother and her mother have but never had diabetes: it is unrelated.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
do you have a consultant. obviously you need to get diabetic nerve/blood vessel damage discounted. iv 2 numb fingers on my right hand just wear and tear says my doctor.
Thanks, I have a feeling hahahahah that is exactly what I might be told

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
It could be diabetic neuropathy. This is something that needs investigating.
I've read about peripheral neuropathy. Just wondered if anyone had had any experience... won't say first hand coz that might be a bit ...

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Thanks I do, appointment again in March