EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Bolusing after food or forgetting at all.

I have a similar problem, though I almost always bolus before food. Halfway through my meal I suddenly think "Did I bolus?" and I'm not sure whether I have or not. At this point I'm pretty well stuck waiting for a couple hours to see if my blood sugar goes sky high....

Reactions: Amy Cecilia

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Mentally carb counting for people I don't like. Completely pointless but helps me get through awkward social events.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Viewing some threads on forums...................:p

Reactions: Dodo

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Not changing needles or lancets, until recently not testing (for months at a time) and just flying by the seat of my pants!

Reactions: therower
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Not changing needles or lancets, until recently not testing (for months at a time) and just flying by the seat of my pants!

I do that, keep saying I'm going to change the lancet, but............ :oops:

jlarsson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mods who selectively modify posts for explicit language that isn't explicit
Think I've changed lancet like once in my life, utterly pointless when you (almost) never bother testing anyway. :p

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Since I got Freestyle Libre I've seriously started insulin stacking, only small amounts, but it's now an integral part of the management system.

I used to be bad at changing lancets, and needles, but I do that every time now, just because I decided to, and I'm a bit of an all or nothing sort of person, and now I wouldn't dream of reusing them. I never got an infection either, though, but I just decided maybe I had been lucky for so long it might run out, so it was a risk reduction strategy.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Since I got Freestyle Libre I've seriously started insulin stacking, only small amounts, but it's now an integral part of the management system.

I used to be bad at changing lancets, and needles, but I do that every time now, just because I decided to, and I'm a bit of an all or nothing sort of person, and now I wouldn't dream of reusing them. I never got an infection either, though, but I just decided maybe I had been lucky for so long it might run out, so it was a risk reduction strategy.
I stack too - only half or a unit at a time, but it really helps.

Reactions: Alison54321
D

Deleted Account

Mine may be eeking out the pump-free time after a shower.
I always remove mine when showering and then put it back on after I get dressed ... sometimes that may take a little longer than it should but I love the freedom of not being attached for 30 minutes a day.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Post prandial bolus - yep though not eating carbs helps with this one.
Too much black coffee and almond butter if that is a possible thing.
Arguing with consultants if they won't give me a reasonable explanation as to why I should/should not do something.
No lancet changing - yep. Why should we if we are still getting blood without bruises or infections?
Being judgemental of carb loaders - yep though this is hypocritical (bought a lump of fudge whilst wearing the Diabetes UK tee shirt pretending to myself it was in case of hypo..)
Otherwise almost angelic!-

Reactions: mountaintom

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Mine may be eeking out the pump-free time after a shower.
I always remove mine when showering and then put it back on after I get dressed ... sometimes that may take a little longer than it should but I love the freedom of not being attached for 30 minutes a day.
So get this! Went pump free for 3 days whilst mine broke down of a weekend. Terrible control but it was nice to be 'off the lead'!!

Reactions: Kim Possible

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Haven't changed my lancet in over a month but doing it now. :angelic:

Reactions: karen8967

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Red wine and cheese............or didn't you mean that sort of bad habit?

Tony