Diabetes Clinic... [emoji848][emoji382]

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I only have four days until I have to go to the diabetic clinic. I hope they don’t re mention the Libre as funding for the reader has stopped. I hope they’re no longer funding the sensor and even better would be they haven’t done so AT ALL.
I am way too used to blood glucose testing. I don’t even need a pump as I fidget. Maybe they’d consider it if I stayed still. I am happy with my insulin pens.

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I only have four days until I have to go to the diabetic clinic. I hope they don’t re mention the Libre as funding for the reader has stopped. I hope they’re no longer funding the sensor and even better would be they haven’t done so AT ALL.
I am way too used to blood glucose testing. I don’t even need a pump as I fidget. Maybe they’d consider it if I stayed still. I am happy with my insulin pens.

By that I mean cancelled funding

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
By that I mean cancelled funding

Hi there - I don't think your team would force you to have the Libre or a pump, if you don't want it and especially if you're looking after your diabetes quite well.

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there - I don't think your team would force you to have the Libre or a pump, if you don't want it and especially if you're looking after your diabetes quite well.
I am not eligible, I would happily accept IF I was eligible but don't think I will ever be eligible. But I love y injections. (Not really) They are OK

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am not eligible, I would happily accept IF I was eligible but don't think I will ever be eligible. But I love y injections. (Not really) They are OK

Apologies, I thought you were against pumps or CGM.

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Apologies, I thought you were against pumps or CGM.
I am not against. It would just be hard for me to return to the Libre and to stay still. That's why I will probably not have a pump in my life. It might be a bit hard to adjust to a sensor with a bandage. My fingerpricks get me through perfectly fine

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am not against. It would just be hard for me to return to the Libre and to stay still. That's why I will probably not have a pump in my life. It might be a bit hard to adjust to a sensor with a bandage. My fingerpricks get me through perfectly fine

Why do you feel you have to stay still when using the Libre? As I understand it, many folks have found it make their rexercise rrerregimes a bit easier, because they get mor einformation on what their bloods are doing.