If we all Went for a Meal Out Together Where Would it Be?

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
An impossibility I know.

Fish and Chips? :)

A light hearted slant on things I suppose. But I suppose in truth it is difficult to find places to eat out that would be compatible with our requirements?

Last edited:
Reactions: heh and Rachox

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nando's do a pretty good range of low carb options :)
I see we go there a lot. I didn’t realise they did that. But then I wasn’t looking until now.

My wife’s favourite place in fact.

Reactions: Juicyj

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
We'd all come around to your house!

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
An impossibility I know.

A light hearted slant on things I suppose. But I suppose in truth it is difficult to find places to eat out that would be compatible with our requirements?
Difficult? Not really... Bit of a chore sometimes, but I check menu's online and then add it to the experience: call it anticipation. :)
We don't have a Nando's here, but yeah, anywhere where there's loads of meat, fish, poultry or veggies... Grill restaurants, Argentine, tapas places, buffets (pick'n'choose what's suitable). Most of the time you can eat anywhere, if you just tell them to hold the spuds or bread, and replace it with extra vegetables or salad. They'd rather alter a dish than throw out perfectly good food. ;)

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
You can always ask at any restaurant if they can modify something on their menu - tell them you're allergic to carbohydrates :hilarious:

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
HMMMM!!!! So many choices.

Anywhere that does Tapas
That cheesecake looks good. Or is it creme anglais or custard slice....

I see, yes Tapas. I hadn’t thought of that. We have one just a short drive from here. Thanks.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
An impossibility I know.

It would have to be gluten free, but fish, like salmon in a delicious sauce, a few of boiled potatoes and veg or salad, lovely :happy:

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Cau?
Probably easiest to hire a marquee and get us to bring packed lunch...

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Unless everything is covered in a carby sauce you can usually ask to substitute the carby part for extra veg or salad.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Norwegian Food Rooms........they do a lovely reindeer steak........nom nom nom........:hungry:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So far I have been able to stay low carb at Wetherspoons, Hungry Horse, Beefeater, Indian, Chinese, Brewers Fayre, Five Guys and a few independents. I just ask for obvious carbs to be replaced with more veggies or a side salad or recently in an Indian restaurant I asked the waitress to ask the chef which curries didn’t have added sugar and what they could provide in the way of veggies in place of rice. I ended up with a lamb bhuna and some stir fried mushrooms :hungry: For a light lunch I have had successful low carb meals at Prét a Manger and Patisserie Valerie (ha ha, bit of a French theme going on there!)

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The 50 day aged 16oz Ribeye at a Miller&Carter is delicious, I tell them to keep the sides although sometimes I'll have the lettuce wedge that comes with it.

Reactions: Mana1 and Muddikins