Last edited:
Reactions: WuTwo and ickihun

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Does it really only contain 5 slices per loaf? £2.49 for 5 slices? Or am I reading it wrong?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow expensive bread! :wideyed:

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Does it really only contain 5 slices per loaf? £2.49 for 5 slices? Or am I reading it wrong?
Not sure. I didn’t order it, just saw it in passing.

I did order the Burgen loaf. Lots of core stuff including 2 x 1kg buckets of Greek yoghourt.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow expensive bread! :wideyed:
Ocado is a bit more pricey. But it will help free up my day and reduce my fuel bills. I passed on that bread but noted it’s presence.

Last edited:

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I read it at five slices as well, 250 gram loaf, 50 grams per slice.

I thought Herman Brot was expensive per slice... :D
I am going to give it a shot *. I am tired of running around with a shopping trolley. :D

* Not the bread, the service.

Last edited:
Reactions: zauberflote
D

Deleted member 308541

I am going to give it a shot *. I am tired of running around with a shopping trolley. :D

* Not the bread, the service.
I do not mind shopping in store, but I do miss all of the girlies that work in the pharmacy as I get my medication delivered now as well.

Ever since I tore the cartilage in my left knee I have not liked hobbling around waiting for the mongrel to give way on me, so that's I went to online shopping.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morrisons Protein bread is cheaper. For now. It's price has crept up.

Reactions: Listlad

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I read it at five slices as well, 250 gram loaf, 50 grams per slice.

I thought Herman Brot was expensive per slice... :D
Yes Carbzone's low on both carbs and slices. Ocado also sell Livlife which has more slices and is also much cheaper, but to my mind its texture's a bit like chewing rubber bands though it tastes OK! :wacky: I sometimes buy it when I'm not in a fit state to make my own low carb stuff.

Robbity

ETA Watch too for flash sales at half prices and regular monthly discounts

Reactions: Listlad
M

Member496333

That’s expensive. Low carb bread will possibly be one of the most profitable products around as it gains popularity. Generally, bread is the last thing anyone wants to give up, and I imagine many low carbers are willing to pay a lot in order to get it. Certainly very few will make their own, and even fewer will abstain completely.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That’s expensive. Low carb bread will possibly be one of the most profitable products around as it gains popularity. Generally, bread is the last thing anyone wants to give up, and I imagine many low carbers are willing to pay a lot in order to get it. Certainly very few will make their own, and even fewer will abstain completely.

My gut feel is more will abstain than make their own. LC bread seems to be a challenge get in terms of comparability.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes Carbzone's low on both carbs and slices. Ocado also sell Livlife which has more slices and is also much cheaper, but to my mind its texture's a bit like chewing rubber bands though it tastes OK! :wacky: I sometimes buy it when I'm not in a fit state to make my own low carb stuff.

Robbity

ETA Watch too for flash sales at half prices and regular monthly discounts
Nice tip. I might give it a try. It might not be so bad plastered with butter and with a slice of cheese on top. :D

Edit : Later. LOL. All done and added to the order. All from the comfort of my bed on a Saturday morning. :D

Last edited:

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morrisons Protein bread is cheaper. For now. It's price has crept up.
I am not sure I have seen that. I am in Morrisons quite a bit, but it is a smaller branch. I will look out for that. Thanks.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just been looking through the Ocado website with Mrs Listlad. She is comfortable with using them.

We also noticed a vast range of supplements on offer in the Supplements section - this was largely of note because the supplier of many of this products for Ocado are in our region and not because we plan to put in stacks of orders for such products except flax seed maybe.

I noticed this outfit started up in 2010 but I had effectively left the country between 2010 and 2017 so had never heard of them till recently.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just been looking through the Ocado website with Mrs Listlad. She is comfortable with using them.

We also noticed a vast range of supplements on offer in the Supplements section - this was largely of note because the supplier of many of this products for Ocado are in our region and not because we plan to put in stacks of orders for such products except flax seed maybe.

I noticed this outfit started up in 2010 but I had effectively left the country between 2010 and 2017 so had never heard of them till recently.
Ocado will be delivering M&S foods when their contract with Waitrose ends next year.