20kg Tate and Lyle Sacks in Health and Beauty Factory

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a second job right now with a manufacturer of health and beauty products. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw quite a fair number of Tate and Lyle sacks in the stockroom, at roughly 20kg a sack. It must be going into some of the products. Amazing.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Common ingredient in skincare products.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sugar is a wonderful expfolient.

If I have very dirty hands, asy from gardening, I will take a teaspoonful of suger into the cupped palm of my hand, add a little oil of any kind, then rub my hands, as if I was washing them. Once done, it rinse off, then fash my hands as usual, to remove the oily residue.

It not only cleans the hands, ut exfoliates, the moisturises them. The could use if in manicures, pedicures and to make their own sugar wax for hair removal.

All pretty eco friendly, compared to those little micro, plastic pellets in many exfoliating products.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lol. It seems I got it wrong. I assumed it was being used as some kind of sweetener in the health products.

I didn’t know sugar was used as an exfoliant. Interesting.

D

Deleted member 308541

It must be going into some of the products. Amazing.
Lots of uses for sugar apart from sweetening a cup coffee / tea, it's used in the cement industry to retard the setting time of cement on continuous pouring.

They used tonnes of the stuff on the Mt Isa Mines lead smelter stack on a continuous pour.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use sugar and almond oil as a scrub for my psoriasis, it keeps it hydrated and helps control the flaking. All natural and no steroids

Reactions: WuTwo

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, I asked the question in the labs today and was told it was added to health supplements.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, I asked the question in the labs today and was told it was added to health supplements.

I don't know what they put inside the health supplements, but very often the coating on the tablets will contain sugar of some sort. I think this is the case with many prescription tablets, too.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I've currently got a pack of sugar coated Ibuprofen "Smarties"...:eek: which will shortly be filed in my WPB. (I don;t remember ever having anything other than uncoated ones before though!)
Robbity