Type 1'stars R Us

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jaylee enjoy your Bath Spa thingy - been there a few times and found it relaxing. The steam rooms are good as are the pools ... especially when you find the current so you don't even have to paddle.

Thanks,

My wife's done it a few times with friends on her "girly" trips out..

I've swam in the old spa back in the 1970s as a kid before they closed it due to a "bug scare."
But the Thermae Bath Spa building, though I've seen it being built whilst working in the city centre at the time. (& the snagging issue with leaks on it's completion.) Have never had the chance to use it.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Home again and oh, frabjous day!! It turns out that back in January I booked Thursday and Friday of this week off. I had totally forgotten. That means (because I don't do Wednesdays) that I only have to do my long day tomorrow, and then I'm off until the following Monday. Wahey!!

fam21.gif

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Walked out to fight more bindweed. It's flowering now, that's how much it escaped when I was away. Came back in, too hot, feel sleepy. Madam is drooling, must have been the toms.. shop bought. Put the new canes in mine.Coal tit and blue **** eating off the nyjer seeds, plenty of cabbage white, red admirals and bees. They love wolf bane
I think this thread is great, by far the best chat and support. Thanks everyone

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
a blue tit is a bird, the plural has "s" on the end so it's very silly for my earlier post about a number of **** to be edited. Just checking if this will pass, bet not

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I can only talk about one blue tit although I have loads in the garden, same goes for great tit variety

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

This girl spoke too soon yesterday and hypoed at 6am with a 2.6 and I am not too sure about hypo awareness coming back, but I am staying hopeful. However I woke up on a 7.5 :)
I've cooked rice yesterday and it turned out perfect - soft, fluffy and delicious. So I'm enjoying rice for a late lunch :hilarious:

Reactions: Marie 2

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
After morning all
Well I didn't realize how much I would miss the MM!!!! Having to physically scan my arm pppffft!!!!!! Hope my new one comes quickly!

Reactions: hh1 and Marie 2

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I can only talk about one blue tit although I have loads in the garden, same goes for great tit variety
Haha, same as with my male chickens, except I believe it was the other way round: I can speak of both, but now I only have one left it gets changed to little stars :)

Reactions: Fairygodmother

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@DCUKMod Hello, yes I've heard about thyroid issues with diabetes. However I've had a blood test in April and one in June and they've came back normal. They did hba1c, liver function, thyroid etc, unless a simple blood test cannot pick up everything to explain problems of tiredness and hair loss. I know hard water can be an issue for skin and hair as well. When I was in Leeds, in a soft water area it wasn't as bad.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Home again and oh, frabjous day!! It turns out that back in January I booked Thursday and Friday of this week off. I had totally forgotten. That means (because I don't do Wednesdays) that I only have to do my long day tomorrow, and then I'm off until the following Monday. Wahey!!

fam21.gif

Horray for the holiday(s). I missed going to my vegetable patch for a day and my courgette became a marrow, overnight. Though I'm not sure if it really is a proper marrow, just an enormous, oversized courgette that takes up an entire shelf in my refrigerator. Do you know any good marrow recipes?

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Horray for the holiday(s). I missed going to my vegetable patch for a day and my courgette became a marrow, overnight. Though I'm not sure if it really is a proper marrow, just an enormous, oversized courgette that takes up an entire shelf in my refrigerator. Do you know any good marrow recipes?

All I can think of is stuffed marrow. I know there are loads of recipes but we are just the two of us, and a marrow is too much for us. (and my husband has terrible memories of having to eat stuffed marrow when he was a boy, because his dad used to grow them - he refuses to have one in the house, so much did he dislike stuffed marrow). With actual courgettes we tend to get the tiny ones because I like them raw with lunch, but they still cook nicely.

@Antje77 might have an idea, or any of the rest of us - I think we all cook to some extent.

Reactions: Antje77

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.

Fake moussaka, use marrow instead of aubergine, but, like aubergine, salt it first. Drain off water or it becomes wet mush.
Alternatively do what the district nurse did when my now 64 yr old sister was a baby, scoop out the inside, fill with sugar, put a bowl under to catch the fermented juice and drink with care. In fact probably don’t drink, they don’t make district nurses like that any more.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@ert I feed 'marrow' courgettes to the chickens, can't face eating marrows brings back memories of how my mum use to cook it - boiling until it becomes a tasteless watery light green blob! the hens have already had 2 or 3 that I somehow missed!

Reactions: WuTwo

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Antje77 might have an idea, or any of the rest of us - I think we all cook to some extent.
Thanks for your trust in my cooking, @WuTwo :)
There isn't much food I really dislike, but the only way I find courgettes acceptable is when there's only a little of it, in very small cubes, hidden between lots of other stuff... Same goes for pumpkins, brrrrr.

So hopefully others can help you out here, @ert !
My go to trick when wanting to try something new is to take "<foodstuff> recipe" through a google search, open 15 tabs with results and then do my own thing with the food but with the google results in the back of my head.
Good luck!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Zucchini noodles is good fried in garlic or raw, roasted courgettes is very good.. come to think of it my bf doesn't like courgettes, he tried some of my mum's stir fried courgettes and never again. :hilarious:
Does anyone know if sodium bicarbonate is good for anything other than baking?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Over 1000 pages on this forum now. Well done guys and thanks for posting so much great info as well as cheering me up at times with all the witter banter

Whoopwhoop, we actually had the 20000st post on page 1000! @ert has todays top banana award for doing this!
(if I'm even allowed to present that award to people, not sure about the rules for winning it. If I'm not, can someone with higher privileges than I have please give ert her rightful reward?)

Have you guys noticed there isn't even a page 1000? Erts post is on page 1001, but as that follows page 999 I still think it counts :)

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Whoopwhoop, we actually had the 20000st post on page 1000! @ert has todays top banana award for doing this!
(if I'm even allowed to present that award to people, not sure about the rules for winning it. If I'm not, can someone with higher privileges than I have please give ert her rightful reward?)

Have you guys noticed there isn't even a page 1000? Erts post is on page 1001, but as that follows page 999 I still think it counts :)

@ert's #20000 post is the bottom of page 1000 for me, post #20001 starts page 1001. 20 posts a page...

Congratulations to us!!!

(edited for clarity!)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
@SueJB my favourite are the long-tailed variety.
They are so dainty but they always appear in flocks so I will have to give them their full name - long-tailed titmice.
I agree @helensaramay they are magic little coloured pinpong balls that flit in ,eat and go. I'm so lucky to have them. Also saw 2 bullfinches on the fence today, probably a father and child