xDrip Q's

Alexsalter47

hi all, so im setup using xdrip and NFC atm with libre.

going pretty good.

been searching for info on my questions for xdrip, not finding much atm though.

I hovvering NFC to get my readings. Does anyone know if there is a way to make the phone vibrate? when the scan has completed? currently i get nothing and have to wait then look and check.

i did have some other questions but forgot. im sure i ll post when i remember though :D

just playing around with learning to to accurately calibrate and playing around with the insulin and carb inputs and soon extra bar/line/curve for other means that i may like to see, such as hba1c or total insulin used, im liking it though, very insightful after finger pricking for 16 years

+ I presume im getting 'signal missed' on xdrip, because im using NFC method?

Last edited:

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Does anyone know if there is a way to make the phone vibrate?

I've never nfc scanned with it, but in Settings/NFC Scan features, there's options for vibrate and beep:

Screenshot_2019-09-08-13-17-59.png

Sounds like you've found the extra line feature already, but, if not, it's in Settings/Less common settings/Extra Status Line:

Screenshot_2019-09-08-13-37-17.png

One of my favourites is Predictive Simulations, which pushes a guesstimated line out into the future based on carb and insulin input. It can be surprisingly accurate, helps a lot with deciding on whether a correction is needed. Settings/xDrip+ Predictive Simulation settings.

Screenshot_2019-09-08-13-42-00.png

Reactions: Alexsalter47

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I presume im getting 'signal missed' on xdrip, because im using NFC method?

Yes, xDrip+ is looking for input from a transmitter, so it'll say signal missed if there's no transmitter.

Once you've got MiaoMiao on it, it'll go away. It can still lose signal every now and then as bluetooth can be glitchy, especially if you're in a pub or somewhere where a lot of other folks are using bluetooth, but there's various options in settings to aggressively restart bluetooth if signal is lost. It normally picks up again in a few minutes.

In Settings/System Status, if it's telling you it's unpaired, tapping the Bluetooth Unpaired line gives it a helping hand.

Screenshot_2019-09-08-14-14-28.png

Alexsalter47

yeah thanks, when mm comes, i ll need to set it up and make sure its set to aggressive re connection of BT. but even if its a few mins, should be fine, it ll back log back fill anyway. thanks for the predictive one, i ll set that up when im ready fully going with carbs and units. fully in testing mode atm :D , running librelink as well, scan using both then i test. atm, soemtimes LL wins, sometimes xdrip wins, loser is normally 1.0 out,. winner is normally bang on lol or 0.3 off

Reactions: porl69

Alexsalter47

Started it mid night last night. This is since then. Testing it out. The big spike is from some monster can lol. I normally run 1unit per 10grams. But I have a feeling it's more like 8/1 so gonna run that and see how it goes . First time I ever bothered changing it tbh

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190908-151027.jpg
    Screenshot_20190908-151027.jpg
    401 KB · Views: 678

Alexsalter47

Yes, xDrip+ is looking for input from a transmitter, so it'll say signal missed if there's no transmitter.

Once you've got MiaoMiao on it, it'll go away. It can still lose signal every now and then as bluetooth can be glitchy, especially if you're in a pub or somewhere where a lot of other folks are using bluetooth, but there's various options in settings to aggressively restart bluetooth if signal is lost. It normally picks up again in a few minutes.

In Settings/System Status, if it's telling you it's unpaired, tapping the Bluetooth Unpaired line gives it a helping hand.

View attachment 35546
both apps are 6.1 now lol. this is really powerful this libre and xdrip. madness this is. the power and control i now have

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
both apps are 6.1 now lol. this is really powerful this libre and xdrip. madness this is. the power and control i now have

Yep, for sure. I'm lucky enough to have never been burned out with T1, but there's been times I've been seriously narked off with it. In the three years I've had libre, the last two with xDrip+, I've learned more in that time about management than I did in the previous 28yrs. I co-operate with T1 now, I don't hate it or resent it. And all because of a free phone app!

Alexsalter47

Yep, for sure. I'm lucky enough to have never been burned out with T1, but there's been times I've been seriously narked off with it. In the three years I've had libre, the last two with xDrip+, I've learned more in that time about management than I did in the previous 28yrs. I co-operate with T1 now, I don't hate it or resent it. And all because of a free phone app!

That purple line is the carb/unit prediction ? Interesting thing

https://ibb.co/VWJpPmB

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
That purple line is the carb/unit prediction ? Interesting thing

https://ibb.co/VWJpPmB

Yes, that's the fella. It takes a while to be able to read it properly as it can throw lines which don't make any sense at all, but I've found that if bg is relatively stable, and after it's had about 30 mins of readings, during which it will often reassess the situation, it can settle down nicely and gives a lot of clues as to what might happen in the next couple of hours. It's just a weather forecast, so it's just bit of evidence amongst many that I use to make correction decisions.

The green line showing insulin action and decline and the IoB number are pretty useful too. If I see a rise, but the green line is showing that iob hasn't peaked yet and IoB shows a fair bit still active, I'll likely not correct but if there's little iob and it's at tail end, then maybe I will.

The IoB updates as time goes by, it's very useful for situations where you might want to insulin stack, say, a long night out or six course tasting menu.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
What's your calibration setup Scott? Do you have calibrations older than 24 hours delete themselves or anything?

I made the mistake in the first week of calibrating all the time every time it was even remotely out, thinking that would make it more accurate, but then realised that was absolutely the wrong thing to do and was making accuracy worse - if I calibrate in a fast moving situation where bg is dropping or rising quickly, bg and ifg will be very different, so telling the app that bg from a meter test is 5.8 when ifg is still just 4.2 or whatever means that the next time the sensor reads 4.2 in ifg, the app is going to think the actual 4.2 in ifg is 5.8 in blood, when it's not.

So, what I do is wait for times when bg and ifg are likely to be the same. Early morning when you wake up is a good time. If you've had a decent night's sleep with flattish levels, no bolus/food, bg and ifg are likely to be about the same then, so that's an ideal time to tell the app, see that 4.4 the sensor is reading in ifg, that's a 4.6 in blood, so the next time you see 4.4, call it 4.6.

If bg is moving rapidly, forget it, don't calibrate then.

I tend to just calibrate once a day on waking, and occasionally twice in the run up to evening tea if the line is level.

I don't delete calibrations during the 14 day sensor life.

But when I change the sensor, each sensor has its own "personality", so I go into Settings/Stop Sensor, click, "Don't stop sensor - just reset all calibrations", it then asks you for a couple of bg readings, typing the same number from one bg reading will do fine.

To be honest, I'm not sure how far back in the calibration data the app looks, but it just seems to make sense to clear out all calibrations for the old sensor and start afresh with the new one.

Alexsalter47

Insulin on board, an estimation of how much insulin is still in the game.

ahh IOB i see, that could really come in handy thank you, youve been great help. so when it comes change time, i ll pull this one off, and go to settings, not stop sensor, just clear calibrations like you said then set new one connected and going with new blood tests

Alexsalter47

As you can see I run my numbers pretty tight sometimes lol

https://ibb.co/Nx7HHCd

NFCs good. I don't know if I'm gonna like being alarmed all the time with the MM method. But obv the point is then to run on the perfect range cos the alarms will help with that. But still... Alarms... Lol

Last edited:

Alexsalter47

hi Scott, things are going well with xdrip. I've been looking more into the calibration graph and calibration data table. Im 3 days into my first sensor. How close to the calibration graph average line do you keep your calibration blue dots? On day 1-2 for example i have calibrations that arnt even on the graph line, they are off, some by quite some distance. Im sure they are affecting the predicted results. Ive deleted some from the calibration data table, to tighten things up.

I currently am using nfc with xdrip and librelink , then basing my actions off those two results, then half the times testing as well for now, which is working out really well. being a lot tighter on trying to create better calibrations aswell.

Im just waiting for the MM now, then i'll need to work on creating the strongest bluetooth connection I can. setting up realistic alarms that work long and loud. and I think thats about it :p thanks for helping. its going great so far :D my lifes so much easier at work scanning , instead of stopping everything to test.

+ I'm definately getting like a difference of 1.0 between LibreLink and xdrip , but sometimes.exactly the same. LibreLink seems to be pretty good though to be honest; with preidicting. You had any exp on this?also what insulins you on? I've heard of this new fast acting? That's better than nova? Ever tried it? Frisba or something

https://ibb.co/kyZKPfs

Last edited:

Alexsalter47

Hey Scott , have you got any idea what my night bloods mean here?

https://ibb.co/71HXT7f

I put a note to define when I went to sleep at 23.07, and I specifically decided not to correction dose. Then Vs the hours past look what happens. Does this mean too much basal? And then how does it stop and hold there? But not go further? Thanks

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hey Scott , have you got any idea what my night bloods mean here?

https://ibb.co/71HXT7f

I put a note to define when I went to sleep at 23.07, and I specifically decided not to correction dose. Then Vs the hours past look what happens. Does this mean too much basal? And then how does it stop and hold there? But not go further? Thanks

Does look like a spot too much basal. Have you done any basal testing??

Alexsalter47

Does look like a spot too much basal. Have you done any basal testing??

What's basal testing? Is that like, adjusting the dose/then waiting and seeing? I havnt done that yet.

I started tresiba only few weeks ago. First day on 40units and I had like 6 hypos. So I said screw waiting and put it down to 35units and that's what I've been on since lol

Last edited:

Alexsalter47

Thanks yeah I just searched found some good info. This link provided full guide https://mysugr.com/en/blog/basal-rate-testing

Kinds like what I've been doing just without the icing.

Last night it happened again. Days below shows the night. I went to bed around 10.00 blood was around 4.5. I was empty on full and bolus. So I ate exactly one small banana and 5xharibo(no bolous) to see what happens and if that could handle the basal attack and it didn't lol. As you can see from the data it provided a good curve for most of the night but then dropped around 3am onwards into a hypo. Getting the feeling basal should be 30units not 35

https://ibb.co/6FSMqqs