Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I decided to stick my sensor on my bingo wing and within minutes it feels painful but it’s working fine. (It’s more painful than the side of my arm) I guess my bingo wings aren’t wobbly enough for it.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I’ve made it! Seven decades today. Didn’t think, in the early days, that I’d last this long. And a friend reminded me that 70 is 21 in celsius. No complications, woohoo.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve made it! Seven decades today. Didn’t think, in the early days, that I’d last this long. And a friend reminded me that 70 is 21 in celsius. No complications, woohoo.
Of course you have! Who has ever heard of a fairy godmother with complications? It simply wouldn't fit the story :)

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning ... just
I have always wondered why anything would be described as the best thing since sliced bread when slice-your own bread always seems to taste some much nicer. I learnt yesterday as I tried to slice the last bit of the just starting to go stale sourdough. My thumb got in the way!
It was one of those occasions when I didn't stop to see how much blood their was - I just shoved my thumb in my mouth and headed off to the bathroom to deal with it. It seemed to stop bleeding and I applied a plaster.
Until I went to the gym. My raised heart beat meant the blood was pumping fast enough to break the seal and the sweat was enough to loosen the plaster. As a result, I had to clean up the mat and kettle bells and request a replacement plaster. I decided to avoid strenuous exercise today in case it happened again although it seems to be alright apart from not being able to use my left thumb. It is amazing how often a right-handed person uses their left thumb. I had to ask for help to get dressed this morning!
Seems to have pushed my BG up so I am running on a temp basal and working out what to have for lunch which does not require any chopping.

What was the best thing before sliced bread?o_Oo_O

Reactions: Marie 2

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@helensaramay I have steristrips, plasters and finger tube bandage (with applicator!) if you want..............:smug: In exchange for a slice of your not so bloddy (!) sourdough bread.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Penblwydd Hapus @Fairygodmother ❤️❤️❤️

76A25DD8-6EAD-4172-9ADD-FEFC2DF10CAD.jpeg

Reactions: Fairygodmother

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Mel dCP .
You had me worried with the crouched cake.
I was slowly scrolling up when what should appear? Only the top of your picture, for a split second I feared the worst and knowing how the sense of humour works on high I was expecting slapped wrists for you.:):)

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Mel dCP .
You had me worried with the crouched cake.
I was slowly scrolling up when what should appear? Only the top of your picture, for a split second I feared the worst and knowing how the sense of humour works on high I was expecting slapped wrists for you.:):)
I’ve just had to scroll up again and see what you mean - yes, not quite a banana

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Well, in the light of @therower’s post, I’ve just returned from the first of many birthday present sessions of Life Painting. No problems about blue crocheted candles here, just need to turn the heater on.

Reactions: therower and porl69