Hospital food

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dear all,

I have type II diabetes and am pregnant, and want to prepare my hospital bag now. I just learned that food at the hospital won't be suitable, as they have just toast or porridge ("suitable for people with diabetes" :banghead:) No eggs or so, so I won't rely on them. In pregnancy and after birth when I want to start breastfeeding, fasting is not an option. Does anyone have experience with LCHF at a hospital, maybe even at birth, what did you bring? Could you go to shops? The hospital shops and cafes have suitable food. Best wishes ❤

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Will you be allowed visitors? If so, make a pan of stew and get partner to bring in a portion in a wide mouth thermos. Snacks, cheese, nuts, olives, pork scratchings etc.

Good luck :)

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Will you be allowed visitors? If so, make a pan of stew and get partner to bring in a portion in a wide mouth thermos. Snacks, cheese, nuts, olives, pork scratchings etc.

Good luck :)

Only my partner can visit me, and only during labour. He would need to leave, if I get to a ward. He can bring me things later and the stew is a great idea for one meal. Also all the non perishable items, not sure about cheese.