What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
Tiny naan bread with homemade curry last night...
O..K... Naans:

Typical Values Per 100g 1/2 of a naan (65g)
Carbohydrate 44.8g 29.1g
Sugars 3.5g 2.3g
Fibre 3.0g 2.0g
Protein 7.2g 4.7g

Also, any root veg in the homemade curry? Carrots, potatoes? Any pulses? Thing is, see how quickly you come down again.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A friendly 5.4 today
@Ryhia I completely agree with the stress thing putting up BG and also trying to unpick likely causes for fluctuations - there are just so many variables other than food. I also find lower numbers with fewer calories but like you, I don’t want or need to be hungry. I’ll watch yours and @nutribolt ‘s progress with interest. Thanks both of you for reporting back. ( sorry if this is derailing?)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Today Swipey announced "Hi, I'm Justin so you're 4.9." Protein, cals, hunger and bg levels?. It is always, always the variables. Beyond (probable?) carb link it is all N=1 (David Unwin). Hunger? Trade off of LC for me. Higher, low fat, low carb protein (rarely eggs or red meat, some cheese (Parmesan is good) for snacks) many 750 mls cups of tea and huge salads - cucumber is bulky- are the best I can do. Hence my poor track record.

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning after a veggie in cheese sauce meal last night. Oops! Better stop posting what I am eating, I am in the wrong thread for that. :bag:

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
7.3 this morning and an overnight average of 7.3 also a flatline of 7.3.. as in no fluctuations whatsoever.

It can be seen as both good and bad given no fluctuations but readings very close to the threshold of 7.6. I did not have high protein but I did have a raspberries, strawberries and blueberries at dinner time along with fried okra and celeriac. I experimented with keto cheese bread but it wasn't great and most of it went to bin so my intake could not have been more than half an egg. There can also be 3 other variable impacting higher numbers... it was relatively hot and I hardly walked yesterday and I have had very little sleep in last 72 hours about a total of 12 to 14 hours.

Fasting day today should hopefully get the numbers down.

Have a great day everyone. :)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a lazy lie in today so didn't do bg until 11:00. Thought it would nice and low since fasted from 6pm and did lots of exercise yesterday but no, 7.7! :banghead:

Reactions: karen8967