Approved Can I get you guys to take a survey about cereal dust?

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I eat porridge almost everyday so my answers were meaningless really.
Few people here eat breakfast cereals I would imagine but best of luck.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Life is just like a bowl of muesli.. The vigorous you shake it, the more nuts come to the surface...

Reactions: 4 people

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Was intrigued about 'cereal dust' didn't really know what you were talking about.I eat cereal most days for breakfast ie I eat oats as porridge or mixed with nuts and seeds as a muesli. I sometimes also eat other cereals during the day so was stumped by your questions since there is no added sugar. You need to define what you mean by cereal https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cereal

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
No cereal for me, but Mrs DeeJay has bran flakes daily and she is always annoyed by the bits at the bottom. That and the fact that the box is only half full to start with because of "settlement". She eats the bits anyway, not being diabetic. If she wanted to separate them, she would use a sieve (little bits) or colander (larger bits). So we wouldn't buy a gadget.
Anyway, how much sugar as a percentage of the total ends up at the bottom? Does it matter? Do you have a food technologist in your team?
As a paranoid sceptic (to put it mildly) I suspect the food industry of a prolonged campaign to get us to discard as much food as possible as waste. Ever tried to clean out a plastic jar of peanut butter?

Reactions: 8 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No cereal for me, but Mrs DeeJay has bran flakes daily and she is always annoyed by the bits at the bottom. That and the fact that the box is only half full to start with because of "settlement". She eats the bits anyway, not being diabetic. If she wanted to separate them, she would use a sieve (little bits) or colander (larger bits). So we wouldn't buy a gadget.
Anyway, how much sugar as a percentage of the total ends up at the bottom? Does it matter? Do you have a food technologist in your team?
As a paranoid sceptic (to put it mildly) I suspect the food industry of a prolonged campaign to get us to discard as much food as possible as waste. Ever tried to clean out a plastic jar of peanut butter?

I concur about the food waste. Bathroom products too. I swill the last remaining shampoo out with water for that final wash.

The cardboard tube at the centre of the tissue roll is a bit of a challenge though.. :D

Reactions: 4 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Mrs DeeJay - place a net curtain over the end of your hoover nozzle to remove pesky cereal dust (patent pending).

Reactions: 6 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Agree with @phoenix & @JTL, as my cereal intake is essentially oats and other unadulterated cereals, not the **** purveyed by Kellogs et al. even the oats are steel cut or usually pinhead, rather than the floury rolled variety!

Reactions: 2 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
I concur about the food waste. Bathroom products too. I swill the last remaining shampoo out with water for that final wash.

The cardboard tube at the centre of the tissue roll is a bit of a challenge though.. :D
Wot, you unroll the tube to wipe your posterior to save waste?:woot:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mrs DeeJay - place a net curtain over the end of your hoover nozzle to remove pesky cereal dust (patent pending).

Indeed.. It an old Kim & Aggie tip.
Also, a magnet will remove any metal shards from production machinery.
A cat will deal with any deceased rodents in the packaging too!

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just to say the last question you can answer as there is no option that makes sense

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Since I don't eat packaged breakfast cereals, I guess I won't bother answering the questionnaire then ;)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
My breakfast cereal says: 100% Organic Wholegrain Oats, any 'dust' goes straight in the pan :)