Guilty Pleasure.

Rog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Just discovered Lintz chocolate 90% cocoa and it doesn't seen to be effecting my BS after a good few squares . Happy days to get away from yogurt and cheese all the time.

Reactions: 4 people

AndyS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's my go to chocolate. Goes very nicely with a hot drink.
I have also found that you don't tend to need more than a few squares to get a serious cocoa mugging :)

Reactions: 2 people

Rog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
That's my go to chocolate. Goes very nicely with a hot drink.
I have also found that you don't tend to need more than a few squares to get a serious cocoa mugging :)
Morning Andy , for me it's a real breakthrough, I can rejoin the party although somewhat differently than before.

AndyS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Of course you could go for some hotel chocolat 100% cocoa.

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just discovered Lintz chocolate 90% cocoa and it doesn't seen to be effecting my BS after a good few squares . Happy days to get away from yogurt and cheese all the time.
I didn't like it - I thought it was disgusting! :(

PseudoBob77

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Attachments

• 1448835201715.jpg
    1448835201715.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 211

PseudoBob77

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Here's it open, not sure whether they worth the money though for 100% cocoa. Amazon have got some good brands from all over the world to try, 100% isn't cheap but extremely low carb.

Attachments

• 1448835287915.jpg
    1448835287915.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 193

chinta

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had some the other evening with a cup of black coffee. It was quite pleasant but certainly does nothing for a sweetness craving, so may not bother in future.

AndyS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah more a solution to a chocolate craving than sweetness.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I read a snobby website once ooozing with connoisewer opinions about the pros and cons of different posh single estate chocs.

I thought the place was ridiculous, but did notice (between giggles) that the approved technique for the full appreciation of the high cocoa content stuff is to suck.
Never chew! (Apparently this is a crime on a par with mugging little old ladies)

Still giggling, i decided to give it a try, and i have to say, i havent chewed (yah boo hiss!) since.

And i definitely get more sweetness, richness and smoothness.

Yours hypocritically,

Reactions: 5 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought the place was ridiculous, but did notice (between giggles) that the approved technique for the full appreciation of the high cocoa content stuff is to suck.
Never chew! (Apparently this is a crime on a par with mugging little old ladies)

Just as an aside, before diabetes, I always sucked my milk chocolate squares. Delicious, but more prone to leaving sticky chocolate covered fingers. I detest dark chocolate so haven't gone down that route.

Reactions: 2 people